This morning was terrible. I woke up1 and walked2 downstairs3. I was extremely tired, as my four kids4 are constantly interrupting my sleep5 schedule. I went to the sink, and started washing6 all the dishes that were left from dinner7 last night. It was then that I heard8 a noise coming from the refrigerator. Click click…Click click. With a little trouble shooting, I discovered that the refrigerator was turning itself on9 and off, and was failing to keep our food10 cold/frozen.
It just so happened that about a month ago, my brother-in-law lost his house. He was moving into an apartment, and needed a place to store his refrigerator11. We offered that he could keep it in our back room12, and we would use it for a little extra cold storage. I spent the next half hour moving all of the food13 out of the broken machine, and into the one that was functioning properly. Late for work14,15, I ran out the door, and locked it behind me. At the same moment, I realized I left my phone16 and keys17 inside. I managed to break in without waking everyone up, and I was on my way. As I said, My morning was terrible, and I hope the rest of the day doesn’t turn out the same. I have it pretty rough.
- I am alive! I have been given a brand new day to experience life and enjoy the best of what planet earth has to offer
- I have legs, and good health! I can run, walk, dance, skip, and jump!
- I live in a house! I am not out on the street, and my house even has multiple levels!
- I have four kids! How amazing is that? Four small people to watch as they grow and learn.
- I sleep in a bed, by the way, safe from the elements, grizzly bears, cougars, venomous snakes, and the like.
- I have instant access to water that I can drink and wash things with
- I ate dinner last night! not everyone can say that.
- I have ears! and I can experience a vast array of auditory pleasures.
- I have electricity!
- I have an abundance of food! probably enough to last my family and me a month if rationed carefully.
- How convenient is that? A back-up refrigerator?
- Did I mention I live in a house? It has all kinds of rooms, even a “back room”
- See number 10
- I have a job, where I get to help people, and the work is not terribly difficult.
- I am able to leave for work, and know that my children are in the capable hands of my lovely wife!
- I have a phone! I can contact anyone easily and simply from anywhere I may be
- I have a vehicle! (Well technically it is my father-in-law’s. He is letting me borrow it since my vehicle is out of commission.)
It is amazing how easy it is to find things to complain about. Problems. I can’t believe that these are the kinds of things that leave me frustrated. Most of my problems really aren’t that severe, and I have much to be thankful for.